Saturday, December 25, 2010

Discovering Your Own Reading Techniques.

I have found that you form a deeper bond with the tarot cards when you are just going with the flow and discovering your own techniques for reading. Books and online resources can also be useful for when you feel stuck and are not sure about the meaning of a card, but if you define your own meaning for each card, I find that you form a psychic bond to your cards. I know it sound insane but I find this to be true and helpful. For instance, tarot combination are a great tool in helping you interpret the spread, the cards and their positions and what kind of energy you receive from the reading. Say you are performing a 3-card spread with upright cards, and you draw the The Hierophant, The 8 of wands, and the World card. All three cards put together can symbolize possible movement and travel. So If the querent had those cards his their spread, I would tell them that I foresee plans to move to another location,possibly by air to another country are likely on their mind. Heck, I might also say that I see no delay in their plans to move and that their airplane travel might be successful. I know that things may seem confusing at first, but you will understand what I mean better after doing research on tarot card combinations .   
Other ways to improve your tarot readings is by creating your own card spreads. As I said earlier, books can help a lot(reading a book on tarot spreads is how I learned about the infamous Celtic Cross), but I find that your readings will make more sense and become more accurate if you create your own unique spread. Your own personally tarot spread could also help you stay clear about the purpose of the reading and your intentions for getting answers. Of course, card placement and positions are also very important in creating your very own spread. For example. I have created a spread simply called, "The 2 Months Spread". It's a 5-card spread that foretells if any significant events will happen within the next two months. Here is the spread below:

                                                                     3-----2----1-----4------5

1- Symbolizes you and what's happening with you currently.
2- Symbolizes your past 2 weeks
3-Symbolizes your past 2 months ago
4-Symbolizes your near future in 2 weeks
5-Symbolizes your outcome in 2 months or where you'll most likely be.


Sometimes I add an extra card just for clarification of the outcome. This spread isn't as powerful as the Celtic Cross, but it sure helps me in timing events.


Hopefully this posting will help you in understanding the tarot cards for you beginners out there. Here are some helpful books that are very inspirational and can help you provide better readings for others and yourself.

6 comments:

  1. I'm a beginner and I didn't knew that I can make my own reading techinue. Thank you for this detailed post. I'm waiting for more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for recommending these books. I had my first reading done back in college from a local person and was amazed with it. I've been a proponent since then and I'm really glad I discovered you and your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I was skeptical during my first reading but Beth was patient with me. Now I'm reading everything I can set my eyes on on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! Thank you so much for helping me get started with this. I've always wanted to try but was too afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this spread post. I will give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete