Thursday, December 23, 2010

Delivering False Promises- How To Spot A Phony Psychic

I know that a lot of people say that psychics are just scam artists who deliver false hope and deliver fake magic. Well, In a sense I have to agree with you! There are some psychics out there who are NOT real readers and offer poor services at ridiculous prices. Many people are scammed by them everyday. Here are some guide lines that will help you not get scammed as well.

-DON'T GO TO A PSYCHIC WHO OFFERS FREE READINGS
Nothing in this world is free. There is no psychic who will work for nothing. They will always advertise as "Free Reading" or "Offering Free Reading", but there is ALWAYS a catch. You see, what they will do is they will tell you that they have good news to deliver, but in order to hear the good news you must pay them hundreds of dollars first.

-DON'T GO TO A PSYCHIC WHO CLAIMS THEY ARE 100% ACCURATE
No reader is one-hundred percent! That's just impossible! What they will do is they will just make up stuff off the top of their head or perform what is called a cold reading just to gather more information from you.

-DON'T GO TO A PSYCHIC WHO OFFERS SPELL WORK OR TO REMOVE A CURSE FOR CASH.
This is an age-old scam that gypsies have been playing people for centuries. First off, if you pay these people they will just pocket the money and run! It's best to do your OWN magic.

-DON'T GO TO MEDIUMS OR PEOPLE WHO CLAIM THEY CAN "TALK TO SPIRITS"
These psychics just use cold reading techniques to squeeze money out of their clients. Your loved one is dead, and NOT talking to you from beyond the grave. What really bugs me about mediums is that they exploit people by saying that their dead loved-ones are in fact communicating through the psychic to them.

Case in point. I'm a tarot reader, and I actually use tools to help others for a fair price(you gotta make a living somehow). Just be aware that the readings I provide are for entertainment only and NOT to be taken seriously. I use the tarot to guide others in make choices and letting the clients know that there are always other options. The future is not set in stone. Everyone has power over their own destiny, it's just that you have a lot of fakes out there who give divination a bad name.

http://www.tarotmagikbybeth.com/

3 comments:

  1. I believe it is the fakes that give the truly gifted a bad name. I've seen so many fakes exposed on TV talk shows that it almost made me a skeptic. Fortunately I've seen some truly gifted people as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I saw something like that on Geraldo years ago. He brought psychics on and none could perform as they claimed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warnings. I guess I watch too much TV and thought mediums were real and communicating with the dead. I do know the saying "you can't get something for nothing" is quite true.

    ReplyDelete